- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing with no metal for your scan. You may be asked to wear a gown during the procedure.
- You will need to fast (nothing to eat or drink, except for water) at least 6 hours before your exam. You may Drink Water before your exam.
- Refrain from strenuous activity 48 hours before the test.
- Women should always inform their physician or x-ray
- technologist if there is any possibility that they are pregnant.
- Diabetic patients, please check your Blood Glucose, it must be below 200mg/dl to complete your PET scan.
Note: If you are Insulin Dependant for Diabeties, we encourage you to schedule your PET scan around 1pm, so you can eat a light breakfast and take your medicine the day of your exam.